Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Miss My Friend




I miss my friend. It’s getting close to a year ago now that we lost him. He was my good friend’s dad. We shared many good laughs, and told some good stories. Mostly he told’em and I just listened. He drank cheap mexico coffee and made it taste good…..that ain’t easy to do. He was a very talented saddlemaker and if you could dream it up…..with a piece of leather he could make it. Might take a while, but you would get it. He liked playing the drums and played them well. He liked diet coke and peanuts at the Haybarn. He told the truth when you needed to hear it. He believed in the cowboy ways. “Tuck your shirt in boys. When you go to a baseball game the players wear uniforms. Wear yours right.” He smoked Camels with no filters. He could talk to women with a smile and they liked it…..and so here we are. A year down the road already. Time…flies.

“I’ve drank to your health at round-ups, I’ve drank to your health at home, I’ve drank to your health so damn many times, I’ve almost ruined my own.”

Here’s to you mi amigo.

Walker

1 comment:

  1. this one hit me walker. has it been a year already. sure miss him.

    ReplyDelete