Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Horses Go To Heaven


Well....we tried as hard as we knew how. It's nobody's fault. Baxter the wonder horse developed an abcess in his neck related to the temporary trach. Basically, the outside of the wound healed before the inside did and trapped bad stuff in the wound that caused complications. I thought we were making progress, then all of the sudden, we went backwards. The Doctors at Clinic at the Crossings, in Longview felt there was no way for him to come back from it. Now I start a new chapter in my roping career. This sport ain't for the weak of heart and like my dad has said a million times, "If this was easy... everybody would do it." Everything happens for a reason, and I know the Good Lord is guiding my path. I'm following wherever he sends me and believing it will be alright. Everything is done according to his plan. I was given that horse for as long as I was supposed to have him and now I am ready for whatever is next. At the end of every story, a new one begins.


Walkin' the Walk, not just talkin' the talk,


Walker

1 comment:

  1. wish we could have a whiskey in person buddy. here's to the good ones . . .

    ReplyDelete