Monday, June 15, 2009

Desert Beauty is Inspiring




As promised here are some of my favorite pictures from my vacation to Marathon. This might be a long post, but I hope it's worth it. We came through some rain on the way South out of Fort Stockton. Rain over the road is a good thing out there. For the most part things were nice and green.


This the Red House. We stayed here and it was super cool. There are three rooms along each side and some nice showers on the house end. This was home base and also where the Friday night party was.

This is what I saw the first morning. Those mountains are called the "House Tops" and they are just awesome. All you have to do right here is take a sip of coffee and then a deep breath. God did all the rest.

When you are riding along out there, distance is deceiving because you can see for so far. Something might look like it's just over there, but it's farther than you want to ride once you start to figure it. Let me give you an example.

I was riding along through the pasture and noticed this train that was going through the ranch. This is a picture of the train zoomed in as far as my camera would zoom.

This is the same train, same view, just zoomed all the way out to take a regular picture. How's that for distance? Just for those 'eagle eyes' out there, Conly is also in this picture horseback because we were pushing some pairs to the other end of the pasture. Can you find him?

This was our sunset the first evening.

As you can tell, I like to take pictures. I could go on and on though right now I'll spare you because tomorrow I'm posting more, but of the actual cow working we did....and more philosophy too.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment