Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Have Not Forgotten

I'm sorry. I haven't posted anything in a while, but in the interest of quality control, I just haven't had anything good to post. Occasionally I will have an idea, but just can't seem to get it strung out long enough to get it to story form. I will try to do better. I need to find some inspiration....usually it finds me. I would like to take a little vacation, but that's not gonna happen, so in the meantime I'll just keep working and looking for something to write about.

I heard the great college football coach Lou Holtz on a radio show I listen to this morning. He was discussing several different opinions he had and I found them to be very interesting. His four keys to life are this:

1. Have something to do.

2. Have someone to love.

3. Have something to hope for.

4. Have someone to believe in.

The more I thought about these things, the more I realized...I have them all. How lucky I am. Perhaps how lucky we all are. Some of these things are not hard to find in everyday life. We all have lots to do. It seems the list gets longer everyday. Most of us love someone and we are lucky if that person loves us right back. We also all hope for one thing or another because that is part of our human nature.

The last one though, is a tougher one. I can say from experience that it's not all that easy to have faith in others. We have all at one time or another uttered the words, "If you want something done right, you just have to do it yourself." Well that may be true when ordering fast food, or getting your dry cleaning done right. But in order to have genuine, real hope in someone....it's difficult.

Find someone to believe in and more importantly....tell them you do. It could make the difference to them. Who knows, it might even affect you too. None of us would be where we are now if at least one person didn't believe in us somehow or another.

I'll try to do better about my writing in the future.

Believing in others,

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment