Monday, August 16, 2010

You Catch More Flies with BBQ

Cap had an uneasy feeling. The same feeling you get when you know that you lost something of value, but have no idea where you lost it. He struggled with the cobwebs in his mind to remember what he had done with it. It was one of his most prized possessions. It was one of his favorites....he had lost his pocket knife.

Ely was not much help. He couldn't remember the last time he saw Cap use it. He was trying to help as much as possible.

"Did you have it Friday?" Ely said.

"Nope. When I got home Friday evening and emptied my pockets it wasn't in there."

"What about Friday morning?"

"You know, I did have it Friday morning because I remember putting it in my pocket....wait a minute. I used it to cut my lunch up on Friday and must have left it there. I'm gonna call Cecil."

The phone rang at Cecil's BBQ Cafe. Cecil answered the phone to hear Cap's voice.

"Cecil, this is Cap out here at the ranch...Say, I was in there Friday eating lunch and I ordered a plate of that ole tough Bar-B-Que you sell...I had to take my pocket knife out to cut it up so I could chew it and I think I left my knife on the table."

"You must have the wrong number. We don't sell tough Bar-B-Que in here.", was Cecil's reply.

Cap laughed. "You know this is me Cecil, I was in your wedding."

"Wait a minute." came Cecil's reply as he fumbled around on his end of the phone.

"You mean the knife with the yellow handle...and the blade that looks like it just broke?" asked Cecil.

"Now Cecil, you know that blade ain't broke...at least it better not be!"

"It might be broke if you call up here talking about tough Bar-B-Que again!" laughed Cecil.

"I'll be in there tomorrow to pick it up. I appreciate it though...that knife is one of my favorites." said Cap.

"Be sure to come around lunch," said Cecil, "we'll have some ole tough Bar-B-Que for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment