Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Frio is Low, We climbed High

Well....I left Concan, Texas this morning at 5:30 a.m. and drove back to Center. I made it here about 12:15. It was another wild weekend. I spent this one at the Frio River with Celeste and her family and friends. We swam, ate, and spent some good time up there. The water was too low to make a long float, although some of the crew did anyway and just had to paddle. One thing we did was make the hike to the top of "Baldy" and I really liked that.



This is where went went on our hike.




Here is the crew headed to the top.









Everyone needed to rest once we made it to the top.



The whole wild bunch, before we made our descent.






Across the river in those trees is where we stayed.




All in all, I would have to say that this was one of the coolest things I have done all summer. It was interesting to view someplace that I like so much from a different perspective. Go back up a few pictures and notice the buzzard gliding in the background just as high as we were. He was pretty respectful of our adventure.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment